Solar Careers at SunPower by Venture Solar
SunPower by Venture Solar was recently named a “rising star” by SunPower – an accreditation received due to our commitment to our customers and our employees. Our growing and dynamic team is excited to come to work each day to help save New York residents money while helping save the environment from unnecessary pollution. We are currently seeking well qualified individuals to join us in our mission to bring the best solar experience to all residents of New York City.
5 Reasons to Join Our Team
- SunPower by Venture Solar is different from other solar companies because we do everything in house. That means we need electricians, installers, sales people, warehouse managers and customer service people to join our growing workforce.
- Millions of people in the US are already employed in solar careers, and this career field is poised to further grow the US economy. Solar energy is among the most dynamic industries in the nation and in 2016, solar employment expanded 17 times faster than the overall economy.
- More and more solar panels are evident as you drive by homes, parking structures, schools and businesses – solar panels are now visible everywhere as an ever increasing number of individuals and companies begin to tap into this resource. Solar is in demand and supported by the US Government, New York State and New York City.
- This booming growth in the solar industry means more solar jobs – and SunPower by Venture Solar is hiring! Solar employment opportunities at SunPower by Venture Solar include jobs in engineering, construction, sales and installation. Our engineers design new systems and improve existing technologies to generate and distribute solar power. Our electricians, plumbers, and solar photovoltaic installers install highly efficient residential and commercial solar projects.
- The Solar Foundation estimates that the largest growth in the solar industry in the future will be in occupations in solar installation, including photovoltaic installers and electricians and roofers with experience in solar installation.
Join the SunPower by Venture Solar team and align your career with an industry leader committed to growing your skill set and experience with real on the job training. Review our open positions below and submit your application to join our growing workforce.
Meet the Team
Alex left the financial sector to enter the solar industry after recognizing that solar energy wasn’t just for saving the planet but also a way to help homeowner’s save money. Before Venture, Alex served as the sales director at one of NYC’s largest solar installation companies for 3 years. Alex is a former Division 1 national champion in lacrosse, and has a BA in Economics with a Business minor from Loyola University in Maryland.
Alex brings his extensive knowledge of home energy solutions to Venture having played an integral role at his family’s oil delivery and heating system business, Rowayton Fuel, which is family owned and operated since 1929. Before co-founding Venture, Alex spent three years helping New York City homeowners make the switch to solar energy. Alex has a BA in Political Science from Ohio Wesleya University.
Born in raised in Los Angeles CA, I moved to New York to work in the Theatre, then decided to do more so I took a job in renewable energy and never looked back!
Director of Outreach
I have worked on successful solar campaigns in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York. Today I oversee Venture’s Outreach Team, which spends everyday communicating with homeowners about the many benefits of our solar technology.
I am extremely enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Photovoltaic System Engineer with a noble motive in mind to save the planet earth from the effects of global warming by supporting the idea of GO GREEN!
No. I’m not Bryce Harper. But I’m as passionate about helping New Yorkers go solar, as Bryce Harper is about baseball.
I dominate every solar project on my desk and finish each one with a flawless victory.
I am Venture’s in house recruiter and Human Resources administrator. I am is passionate about the opportunity to introduce people to Venture and to help the solar industry thrive in New York City!
Senior Sales Consultant
I like helping people recognize the incentives available and how solar would work for them. It is my job to walk any solar candidate through the whole process start to finish.
Customer Experience Manager
Part customer experience, part customer education my mission and passion is to help guide out customers through this process. It is my hope to make sure that each client feels very much apart of our Solar Family.
Dan has over six years of experience in the New York solar industry, having worn several different hats. When he isn’t trying to save the world one roof at a time he’s either playing the trumpet, tinkering with his bikes, or backpacking in the Adirondacks.
I am focused on turning a solar install into a celebration and ensuring each customers experience is of the utmost quality and memorable.
Solar Operations Associate
I recently moved to Brooklyn to aid the development and growing popularity of residential solar power in the City of New York. Go Solar!
I am a dynamic member of Venture’s team, and I strive to ensure each project is handled with professionalism, care, and attention to detail.
I am a licensed NYC Master electrician with Licenses also held in Putnam, Rockland and Westchester NY and the state of Connecticut with 25 years of experience in the electrical industry.
I hate shade – solar over everything. A solar panel + 40′ ladder = Gettin’ yuked. Running, Sustainability, Columbia University and saving the world one solar panel at a time.
I am passionate about the positive impact renewable energy has on the environment and am well informed on the ways solar can enhance everyday life. I like sharing the story of solar across the five boroughs.
Solar is a growing industry and I am glad to be a part of something that helps both home owners and the planet at the same time.
I am passionate about helping my neighbors make the switch to solar – it is something I have been doing for the past several years and I find it rewarding.
Solar is such a huge opportunity for homeowners and I found it to be an interesting career path. I like knowing that I get to offer people a product that saves them money and helps the environment.
I am not a afraid of ladders, steep roofs nor trees. You might run into me installing a panel, driving the truck or chatting with you on the website.
I am your typical solar nerd. I love clean energy and helping NYC go solar.
I love traveling and helping my fellow New Yorkers save so they can have more capital to do the things that they love too.
I am saving the planet one solar project at a time.